Monday, February 12, 2007

Kevin Feedback

I recently (actually, it was today) delivered a speech for my "Professional Development for Leaders" class (read: public speaking). I'm a terrible public speaker. For that matter, I'm a terrible private speaker as well. By some miracle, or possibly a voting box mishap, I received "best in room" votes for my speech today. I probably only received one, but it sufficiently stroked my ego, since there were 14 speakers. I'm still a terrible public speaker. Everyone in the audience had to provide feedback, so.... let's hear from the audience:

Pros
"Very persuiasive"
"Passionate"
"Good stories"
"Good intro"
"Good conclusion"
"Good hook"
"No notes! Good job"

Cons
"There wasn't any structure after your intro, so I was not sure on what your point was, but then I figured it out."
"Tentative"
"Stop playing with your hands"
"Monotone"
"Your purpose wasn't clear"
"Eye contact. More eye contact"
"How long is your intro?"
"Needs structure. What's your point?"
"Disorganized."
"Avoid technical difficulties - though not really your fault"
"You sounded nervous."
"Work on your transitions."
"Seemed all over the place."

Oh yeah, I spoke for five minutes on why music downloading is a pox on our society.

No comments: