Friday, November 19, 2010

Evolution of a Pop-Punk Band

Have you seen the new Runner Runner video? I honestly hope the best for all the old Over It guys, and always have since I met them 10 years ago. They still stand as the only band that ever came to my parents house for a punkrocks.net interview. We all know that, new or old, they write better melodies than just about anyone, but when I watch this new video immediately followed by something from the earlier Over It days, it genuinely makes me want to cry. Try it with me...

Runner Runner - So Obvious (2010)


Over It - Wrongway (2002)


I'm only 29 and find myself thinking about "back in the day" in music terms far too often. I'm hoping to turn that around, but bands like Runner Runner make that awfully difficult. Couldn't they just write a kick-ass country record or something so I would never even notice?

No comments: